Job Title: Mid-Sr Level IT Infrastructure Operations Engineer
Job Location: Southwest Dallas, close to Dallas Baptist University
The position offered would best be described as a need for a strong, experienced IT Infrastructure Operations Engineer. The successful applicant would possess a broad and deep knowledge base of technical infrastructure concepts, designs and management. Also, this person should be a very proficient in teamwork, mentoring and technical leadership. A level head and strong technical skills are an absolute requirement. The daily operations vary widely from end user assistance to server build-outs to conceptual design and creative problem resolution.
- Provide day-to-day technical support for the Windows Server environments and applications. Including the support of end users, end user peripherals, Active Directory management and network infrastructure performance review.
- Where appropriate; lead, mentor and direct technical staff. Technical resource management is critical to position success.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to projects involving infrastructure systems while ensuring industry best practices are followed.
- Plan and implement all requisite upgrades, updates, patches, etc. while following applicable regulatory compliance standards as well as strict change management procedures.
- Review system and infrastructure performance issues, determine root cause and recommend/implement resolution.
- Troubleshoot issues on physical and virtual servers, remote desktop application environments and end-to-end networks. Also provide all levels of support to user community and fellow IT members.
- Proactive in improving daily operations via collaboration. Liaise with vendors, engineering, development, applications support, end user services/project managers to improve operations and service levels.
- Educational Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- A technical, engineering, sciences degree is preferred
- Industry specific training; Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, VMware, ITIL, etc.
- Excellent people skills with a commensurate ability to work with people of all technical and business expertise.
- Effective technical team management
- 5+ years of relevant, verifiable experience
- 2+ years of verifiable technical leadership
- Expert understanding and experience in Windows and Active Directory
- Strong experience in implementing and supporting Windows and Active Directory
- IP network troubleshooting skills
- Fundamental networking and VLAN related knowledge to troubleshoot full infrastructure
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining server hardware.
- Troubleshooting, problem identification and problem resolution on all Intel based client and server platforms
- Must be able to work independently, under minimum supervision
- Solid experience in server virtualization technologies and the encompassing support
- ITIL (ITIL Foundation) certification
- Unix, Linux or AIX operational knowledge
- Backup infrastructure software such as NetBackup
- Working knowledge of ITIL Service Management processes such as Incident, Change, Release and Problem Management
- Microsoft Certifications
- VMware Certifications
- Cisco Certifications